Also Known As: Liquid Gold, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Argania Spinosa
Fun Fact: Traditionally, goats helped in harvesting the nuts of the Argan tree by climbing up the trees to eat the bitter fleshy pulp and spitting out the seeds. Their bodies are unable to digest the nuts so they would either spit it out or it would pass through their digestive system and you know what's next?
The nuts are picked from the ‘goat droppings’ and the seeds are extracted and cold pressed into Oil.
I believe that the potency of Argan oil is inextricably linked to the organic composition of the nuts. You know, after marinating in all the enzymes present in the goat’s droppings, why wouldn’t it be such a potent beauty ingredient? (I kid...)
Benefits of Argan Oil
- Anti-aging, anti-inflammatory and moisturizing
- Protects against harsh sun and other environmental pollutants
- Rich in Vitamin E and Anti-oxidants
- Protects the skin against free radical damage
- Prevents & reduces stretch marks
- Helps skin infections and wound healing
- Improves the overall appearance of skin
Uses: Face, Body, Hair, Nails, Massage Oils
How can this ingredient help my SKIN or HAIR goals?
Have you heard about the Oil Cleansing Method (OCM)? It is purportedly derived from ancient bath practices of the Egyptians including my namesake - your fave 'Queen Cleopatra'.
This method has received rave reviews by experts in the beauty industry. But what is it? Well, it is a way of cleansing your skin with natural oils, helping to extract all the grime and makeup residue accumulated during the day.
The key to Oil Cleansing Method is using premium quality oils, understanding your skin type and using the oils that are best suited for your skin. Argan Oil is lightweight, universal and multipurpose. It penetrates easily without leaving your skin feeling greasy.
How to use Argan Oil
- At night-time, cleanse your face with a good facial cleanser and rinse off with warm water
- Slather some Argan Oil on your face and massage in circular motions for 2 minutes
- Heat up a soft wash cloth in hot water, relax and place over your face until it cools off
- Wipe your face with the wash cloth
- Repeat 3 & 4 above about twice
- Allow your skin to air dry
- Drink some water, go to bed & wake up to well hydrated, clean, soft skin.
Where to buy Argan Oil?
- Holland and Barrett
More African Beauty Ingredients